20g Potato starch
400ml Broth (kelp and bonito)
Mitsuba (or Green shallots)
Broth (kelp and bonito)
1) Combine flour, potato starch, eggs and broth in a bowl and whisk them until it becomes very smooth. If the powder of flour is remained, the taste will be worse.
making akashiyakihot to make akashiyaki
2) Cut octopus as bite size.
3) Heat Takoyaki plate well on the stove and pour cooking oil.
4) Turn to small heat and pour custard about half of hall. Put an octopus in each hall, then pour custard until top of the hall.
takoyakiakashiyakihow to make akashiyaki
5) Heat it on small heat for a while. When custard is baked, it becomes hard from edge and turn to white. If it becomes about 3mm, flip it over with using chopstick or something like ice pick. To clip it over better, stab chopstick at the edge and swing it quickly.
6) When another side is also baked, pick it up.
7) Making soup is to heat broth with a little sea salt and soy sauce.
akashiyaki in a soupTo eat, dip Akashiyaki in the soup and put some mitsuba on top. If you can’t eat octopus, shrimp or squid will be good. At this time, I tried shrimp which is boiled with sea salt and water. It was very good.
Also some ingredients which is used for Chawanmushi may be good. For example, Shiitake mushroom, fish paste, ginkgo, chicken etc.