300g pork or chicken, cut into roughly 1cm thick, 2x3cm pieces
a few tablespoons cornstarch
1 large onion, sliced
1 carrot, sliced
1 large green bell pepper/capsicum (or 3-4 piiman), sliced
4 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp vinegar
2 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp chicken stock powder
2/3 cup water
3 Tbsp cornstarch mixed with a little water
- Place all sauce ingredients in a cup and stir. Set aside until the end.
- Place a few tablespoons of cornstarch with a little salt and pepper in a plastic freezer bag. Add sliced pork or chicken and shake to coat well. Shallow-fry with oil until browned and crisp. Remove from oil and let drain.
- In a wok or large frypan, heat a little oil and stir-fry the vegetables, adding capsicum/piiman last so as not to overcook.
- Give the cup of sauce ingredients another stir, then add it to the vegetables, continue stirring over medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Add the cooked pork/chicken and stir to combine. Serve with rice.